Ideal for workshop facilitators, teachers, team leaders, project, process and change managers, and anyone who takes notes. If you are one of those folks who has ever said, “I can’t even draw a stick person!”…you will be able to draw at least 5 types by the end of the day!
ALL drawing materials are provided. Feel free to bring any materials you want to experiment with except anything that needs water to utilize (e.g. paints).
- What is graphic recording, graphic facilitation, Sketchnotes™, and other “visual practices”?
- The basic writing & drawing skills: lettering, simple shapes, lines, arrows, bullets, text containers, people, colour & shading, etc.
- Integrating visual practice into work you already do
- Learn and practice the basic skills that support graphic recording and visual note taking practices
- Start building your visual vocabulary to use in your field/practice/industry
- Understand some the practical/logistics required to plan and do this work (e.g. about materials, set up, working with a facilitator, etc.)
- See multiple examples of visual practice that can be adopted and adapted in your own work
- Gather a number of resources and ideas to support your next steps
This course can be taken on its own or as part of the Advanced Facilitation Certificate.