Today, our intractable, systemic challenges are not simple, and they have to adapt to local situations and conditions that change over time. One size will not fit all, but the needs are urgent, and resources are limited. Entrepreneurs, public servants, philanthropies, and community activists need principles and practices to transfer innovation from one context to another quickly and effectively.
This session will introduce Scale-Free Dissemination. This is an innovative approach to innovation. It is derived from complexity science and developed through the theory and practice of human systems dynamics (HSD). Accessible theory and compelling case studies will demonstrate methods to extract learning from innovation in one context and invest it successfully in another. You will be invited to apply these principles to one of your own sticky innovation issues.
- Recognize the challenges of going to scale with complex innovations in uncertain environments
- Explore practical alternatives to disseminate innovation across diverse contexts
- Create an action plan to apply what you learn to a challenge you face today
- Build relationships with others who face similar challenges
- Access resources to sustain your learning and practice
Register by April 16, 2019
This course is sponsored by CPHR BC & Yukon.