Purpose: Strategy implementation is a high priority for companies, and portfolio management is a key vehicle for getting them there. That is the simple part. Organizations that are effective in portfolio management had 62 percent of products meet or exceed expected ROI according to our PMI’s 2012 Pulse of the Profession® research. Despite a widespread appreciation of the strategic importance of portfolio management, few organizations do it well. More do not do it at all when it comes to implementation.
This two day course on Portfolio Management is directed to those who are responsible for developing and managing portfolios of projects, as well as those, involved in PMOs and managers responsible for the translation of strategy into projects. This is an advanced course and assumes knowledge of project management.
- Focus on the 5 key domains of Portfolio Management:
- Strategic Alignment
- Portfolio Performance Management
- Portfolio Risk Management
- Communications Management
Simulation: A case study will be leveraged over the course of the 2 days, in order for practitioners to fully leave the course with the ability to effectively manage their organizations portfolios.
- Understand how organizational strategy drives all project initiatives
- Align the portfolio with organizational strategy
- Build a pragmatic approach to portfolio management
- Develop and maintain an effective governance structure
- Choose projects that will best support company strategy
- Apply proven techniques to effectively manage the portfolio and risk
- Use monitoring techniques to gauge and report portfolio performance