Delivery Method: This course will be delivered synchronously online and students are expected to allocate 3.5 hours per day plus some homework.
This course will provide you with the essential knowledge and testing skills to prepare you to pass the PMP® exam. The course focuses on three critical areas:
- Understanding the PMBOK®
- Understanding the Project Management Professional Examination Specification
- Understanding how to successfully study for the exam
The course content covers the PMBOK®, but also covers a great deal of other knowledge that is identified as testable matters from the exam specification. Much of this information comes from author's specializing in Project Management (i.e. Kerzner, Verma, Pinto, Verzuh, Christenson, etc.) and is augmented with other critical knowledge from leading business professionals and the Canadian Management Consulting Association. This course includes a variety of learning tools and study aids that are consistent with PMI® processes and terminology.
This course promotes understanding over memorization. Some memorization is highly recommended to adequately prepare for the exam but is limited to the essential information that is required for the exam and nothing more.
This course also coaches participants in effective test taking techniques in order that participants can make the best use of their testing time and not give up marks needlessly because of the test structure or format.
Purpose: This Preparation course covers the following areas:
- The Environment in Which Projects Operate
- The Role of the Project Manager
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholders Management
- Professional Code of Ethics
- Study Tips and Practice Exams
At the end of this course participants will:
- enhance their competencies in understanding and applying the PMBOK® and general project management knowledge from selected texts and academic journal articles.
- gain experience writing practice exams that are the same or similar to the PMP® designation exam.
- gain an understanding of the exam itself and how best to take the exam successfully.
NOTE: The curriculum being taught in this course is for the current exam until December 31, 2020. Exams should be booked before December 31, 2020.