NOTE: The information being taught in this course is for the current exam till December 31, 2020. Exams should be booked before December 31, 2020.
This course will provide you with the essential knowledge and testing skills to prepare you to pass the PMP® exam. The course focuses on three critical areas:
- Understanding the PMBOK®
- Understanding the Project Management Professional Examination Specification
- Understanding how to successfully study for the exam
The course content covers the PMBOK®, but also covers a great deal of other knowledge that is identified as testable matters from the exam specification. Much of this information comes from author's specializing in Project Management (i.e. Kerzner, Verma, Pinto, Verzuh, Christenson, etc.) and is augmented with other critical knowledge from leading business professionals and the Canadian Management Consulting Association. This course includes a variety of learning tools and study aids that are consistent with PMI® processes and terminology.
The course is designed using adult learning techniques that are sensitive to individual learning styles. We use the three major learning styles (visual, auditory, and kinaesthetic) for all lessons to promote learning in your preferred style.
This course promotes understanding over memorization. Some memorization is highly recommended to adequately prepare for the exam but is limited to the essential information that is required for the exam and nothing more.
This course also coaches participants in effective test taking techniques in order that participants can make the best use of their testing time and not give up marks needlessly because of the test structure or format.
Purpose: This Preparation course covers the following areas:
- The Environment in Which Projects Operate
- The Role of the Project Manager
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholders Management
- Professional Code of Ethics
- Study Tips and Practice Exams
- Identify the knowledge they need to pass the exam
- Make the best use of their testing time
- Develop and manage their own study plan bridging between this course and the time they wish to take the exam
Management Competencies addressed:
Participants will enhance their competencies in understanding and applying the PMBOK® and general project management knowledge from selected texts and academic journal articles.
Participants will gain experience writing practice exams that are the same or similar to the PMP® designation exam.
Participants will gain an understanding of the exam itself and how best to take the exam successfully.
Who will benefit:
- Anyone wanting to pass the PMP® exam
- Anyone wanting to take their project management knowledge and skills to the next level