Going way beyond the idea of pesticide and fertilizer product substitution, you will understand the concepts of landscape health management as opposed to pest management. You will learn how to build a holistic decision making framework for creating and maintaining vibrantly healthy gardens and landscapes, including turf.
This course prepares participants to:
- Grow fabulous, healthy gardens
- Gain essential skills to start or enhance your business in the rapidly growing organic land care industry sector
- Earn generous continuing education credits for landscape professionals to maintain industry certifications (ISA, CNLA, BCSLA)
- Become involved in Society for Organic Urban Land Care (SOUL) and share your knowledge with your community through workshops, talks and other creative ways
- Write the SOUL Organic Accreditation exam for land care professionals
The on-line version of this course integrates reading, quizzes and discussions with practical, hands-on assignments. Everyone is welcome, no previous experience is required.
To receive a Certificate of Completion, students must contribute to all on-line discussions and satisfactorily complete all assignments and quizzes.
Part of the Gaia College/Royal Roads University Diploma in Organic Land Care.
Find out more.