Mindfulness-based interventions are being utilized more and more in various systems of education, from pre-school to medical school. Each year additional research studies are carried out and many of these studies point to the benefits of employing Mindfulness-based interventions (MBIs) in educational settings for not only for the well-being of students but also for the educator and the overall climate of the school setting.
- Learn the basic tenets of mindfulness
- Study the five domains of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) as outlined by CASEL
- Survey a variety of applications being utilized in educational systems today
- Explore the neuroscience of mindfulness related to education
- Examine the role of mindfulness in stress-management
- Learn and practice various techniques that can be used with students
Who should attend? Educators, Teachers in Training, Teaching Assistants, School Librarians, Principals and Vice Principals, School Administrators and Superintendents, Montessori and Pre-school teachers, Parents/Caregivers, School Counsellors, School Psychologists and Social Workers. The course is designed for Educators of all ages (Kindergarten to Grade 12 and Adult Education).
Certificate Requirement: This course is an elective for the Integrated Mindfulness Certificate.