Social systems can be unpredictable and challenging to lead due to the dynamic relationships within a complex system, be it a business, a hospital, a homeless shelter or a government ministry.
Your Learning, Your Choice
While intellectually stimulating, the Leading Complex Systems program is neither conceptual nor hypothetical – it’s real! It’s real because participants will be asked to bring into the classroom at least one project they are working on at work, so that they can apply their learning, directly, as it occurs. Participants will also be asked to consider and be prepared to discuss issues or concerns that won’t go away; you know, the things that sometimes keep you awake at night!
"This is one of the most powerful courses I've taken! The facilitators were very knowledgeable "pracademics" who beautifully blended theory with hands-on learning, discussion and activities. The breadth and depth of learning around 'leading complex systems' within a short time span was impressive - the time flew by, and I was left with many “ah ha” moments and reflections. I also appreciated the opportunities to network and develop relationships with fellow working professionals and learning from one another."- LCS Nov 2018 participant
Upon completion of this program, participants will:
- Demonstrate their systems literacy and understanding
- Understand and demystify social complexity in order to lead systems with intention and confidence
- Apply social systems leadership strategies to workplace projects, initiatives and issues big or small
- Apply strategies to collaborate across boundaries and to design structures for desired behaviour
- Apply various systems thinking and design thinking ideas and concepts to workplace projects
- Explore and articulate the culture of their organization, its relationship to performance, and various levers for change
- Develop a plan and formulate strategies for leading systems in workplace projects of their choosing
Who it is for: This program is best suited for experienced managers and above, from any sector or industry, who want to strengthen their capacity to lead systems.
Tuition: $4,500 + applicable taxes. Included: Meals during scheduled programming hours (morning refreshments, lunches, required reception), program materials, and certificate of completion.
Accommodation packages are available.
All programs, faculty, dates, and fees are subject to change. Program fee is subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of Professional and Continuing Studies.