This is an introductory course, and although prior training in project management and agile is not required, current agile projects managers will greatly benefit from the ease and simplicity of Kanban. Designed for new and experience agile project managers, but open to anyone looking to improve how they manage work, this course will benefit anyone who is looking to leverage best practices in lean and Kanban.
As more and more organizations are adopting agile teams and practices, the training provided by this course will provide real world, hands on experience and skills required to lead and manage complex “knowledge” projects, such as software development using Lean Kanban methodologies.
- Core principles of Lean
- Value Streams
- Kanban 101
- Bringing it together with Lean Kanban (three principles and five core practices)
- Creating Work in Progress Limits
- Monitoring progress using a cumulative flow diagrams
- Able to create and manage a Kanban board to visualize workflow
- Understand the differences between pull and pushing work
- Manage the amount of work in progress
- Learn how to identify bottlenecks and alleviate bottleneck’s in your delivery processes
- Scale Kanban for use in both enterprise portfolio and program settings