In this comprehensive course you will learn essential applied permaculture and organic gardening techniques to:
- Analyze and optimize the growing conditions in your garden, no matter the size, including container gardens
- Creatively collect, use and preserve water for optimal garden health
- Use holistic solutions for plants health problems ("pests" and "diseases")
- Select, plant, maintain and harvest a large variety of food plants for year-round enjoyment
- Also included: how to propagate plants; save your own seeds; and store your harvest
This online course engagnes students with practical and hands-on projects, and is guided by experienced professional organic gardnerers.
Required Textbook: The New Vegetable Growers Handbook:A Users Manual for the Vegetable Garden by Frank Tozer. Green Man Publishing, Santa Cruz, 2013 – ISBN 978-0-9773489-9-2
There are no pre-requisites, but eitther the Organic Master Gardener (classroom or online) or Organic Horticulture Specialist course would be highly beneficial either before, during or after this program.
Part of the Gaia College/Royal Roads University Diploma in Organic Land Care.
Part of the Advanced Diploma in Urban Permaculture.
Find out more.