In this world of hyperconnectivity, the act of slowing down at home and work may feel like a long-forgotten luxury. Mindfulness meditations and the attitudes associated with the practices can help us to pause and notice our inner and outer worlds. From this place of pausing, we can then make decisions with clarity which will be skillful for ourselves, others and the planet at home, in community and in workplace settings.
- Learn basic tenets, principles and theories associated with mindfulness-based practices
- Explore the difference between reaction and response
- Explore the attitudes associated with cultivating a mindfulness practice; such as, empathy, compassion and acceptance
- Practice core mindfulness-based practices, including breath practices and loving-kindness meditation
- Explore intention for pursuing the Integrated Mindfulness Certificate
Who should attend? Anyone interested in creating a healthier work-life balance. Students interested in cultivating a sense of well-being in their relationship to themselves, others and the planet. Beginners welcomed and encouraged!
This course can be taken on its own or as part of the Integrated Mindfulness Certificate.