Royal Roads University’s intensive English for Academic Purposes (EAP) programs offers 25 hours per week of language instruction with courses in writing, reading, listening, grammar and speaking. Students will build a solid foundation using English in everyday situations and academic settings while also developing critical thinking skills and increasing global awareness through a variety of engaging classroom activities. Students will enhance their ability to function in English by participating in discussions, presentations, structured writing activities, and extended listening practice in an international context.
Committed students can expect to progress .5 of an IELTS level for every 10 weeks in the program. Participants will be required to set aside a minimum of 10 hours per week to complete assignments outside of class.
- Reading Explorer 4, 2nd edition, by Paul MacIntyre and David Bohlke
- Focus on Grammar 4 with MyEnglishLab, 5th edition, by Marjorie Fuchs and Margaret Bonner
- Q: Skills for Success 3 – Listening & Speaking bundled with Q: Online Practice Student Access Code Card, 2nd edition, by Miles Craven and Kristin Donnalley Sherman
- Oxford EAP Intermediate B+, 1st edition, by Edward de Chazal and Louis Rogers
- Focus on Grammar 4 with MyEnglishLab, 5th edition, by Marjorie Fuchs and Margaret Bonne
- Academic Inquiry 4, Essays and Research, 2nd edition, by Scott Roy Douglas
- Perspectives: Academic Reading Skills and Practice, 1st edition, by Marina Rozenberg
- Oxford EAP-B2 Upper Intermediate, 1st edition, by Edward de Chazal and Sam McCarter
Textbooks can be purchased at the RRU Bookstore during Orientation
Time requirement: 10 weeks + exam week (approx. 25 hours per week). Students who meet the attendance requirement will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the program.
English Level Equivalency: These programs are open to any student, regardless of their academic history or path.
Program Intakes: September, January and May
Tuition & Fees $7,170 CAD
Receive a $2,000 CAD tuition reduction for the EAP programs starting in September 2020!
To learn more please contact our Global Learning and Language Centre at GLLC@royalroads.ca