EcoFarm: Winter Fundamentals - for people, planet, and profit - is a special hands-on experience. Learn the benefits of certified organic agriculture, how to enhance on-farm biodiversity and native species habitats, and healthy food processing.
This 5-day course covers the groundwork for year-round Ecofarming - from sourcing organic seeds and media, all-season crop planning to growing and processing food working in harmony with nature.
After this course, students will be able to:
- Start growing food using certified organic methods
- Propagate crop and native plant species
- Ecofarm using knowledge of local ecology, native plants and wildlife
- Manage soil health in the West coast winter
- Use and maintain hand tools for farming
- Process and handle food safely
- Learn the benefits of fermentation
- Practice fermentation to process healthy food
- Effectively brand and market your business
- Plan year-round food production
Bursaries are available for this course. Contact email@example.com
Course Location: Haliburton Farm, 741 Haliburton Rd, Saanich, BC
Internships at Haliburton Farm available upon course completion.