Those taking this course will learn:
- How conflict coaching is different from other types of coaching
- The principles and methods specific to conflict coaching, with emphasis on its application in the workplace
- The stages of conflict coaching
- The "how to" of coaching individuals about conflict
- The qualities and skills required to be an effective conflict coach
- The different types of conflict coaching and their application
NOTE: Learners will experience that conflict coaching may or may not be dispute specific and will practice dispute specific coaching in the form of negotiation and mediation coaching. Learners will act as observers, coachees in conflict and as skilled conflict coaches.
Who should take this course? Managers, HR professionals, organizational development (OD) consultants, EAP, ombuds, labor leaders, trainers, facilitators - in short, anyone interested in gaining the skill and knowledge of the practical application of coaching in a conflict situation.
Why? You will be introduced to a unique coaching model that marries the field of coaching with the field of alternative dispute resolution (ADR). You will learn how a coach provides individuals with the opportunity to develop insight into their own dispute resolution style and possible contribution to unproductive interactions.