This course is aligned to the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) standards for Agile Certified Practitioners (ACP), while weaving in concrete real world examples faced by organizations today. According to the PMI’s 2015 Pulse of the Profession report, organizations that are highly agile and responsive to market dynamics are more successful 75 to 56 percent. This two day course is directed to those who are responsible for planning and leading projects and who are looking to adopt agile methodologies, as well as those, involved in PMOs and managers responsible for agile project teams. This is an introductory course, and although prior training as a project manager is not required, current projects managers will greatly benefit from learning and developing an agile mindset within their organizations
As more and more organizations are adopting agile teams and practices, the training provided by this course will provide real world, hands on experience and skills required to lead and manage complex “knowledge” projects, such as software development.
Despite a widespread appreciation of the importance of agile, most project managers have yet to embrace or fully understand the power of agile methods.
We will focus on the key domains of Agile Project Management
- Agile principles and mindset
- Value Driven Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Performance
- Adaptive Planning
- Problems, Issues, Detection and Resolutions
- Continuous Improvement
- A case study will be leveraged over the course of the 2 days, in order for practitioners to fully leave the course with the ability to effectively manage their projects using agile methods.
- Understand the importance of adopting an agile mindset
- Increase the overall value of projects
- Manage stakeholders in a changing environment
- Improve the performance of agile teams
- Apply adaptive planning techniques leveraging Releases and Iterations
- Reduce the risks in agile projects
- Continuously improve the overall all effectiveness of agile projects and teams